Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Frigidaire refrigerator (model FRS6L9EFSS6). The

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire refrigerator (model FRS6L9EFSS6). The 'paddle' on the water dispenser (the part the glass pushes against to dispense water) broke right at the neck. This is part #24 on page 16 of the Factory Parts Catalog. I have ordered and received a replacement part, but it is not clear to me how to install it. How do I install the replacement part?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok you need to take the screws #82 out of the bottom and then remove the control you have to remove the water catch # XXXXX to get at the screws, just slide this out , then remove the screws holding the board #38 by removing screws #17 then you should be able to get at part #24a which is part of the actuator and remove it, thats where part # XXXXX connects to actuator you may find a screw holding that assemby in. hope this helps, thanks Bryan,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Bryan,

Thank you very much for your help. One critical instruction I was missing was how to remove the front panel. Based on your instructions, I just tried pushing/pulling in different directions, and it came off when I slid it upwards. After that, the hardest part was dealing with the water line when getting the old piece out and after putting the new piece in. It is a very short water line, so it was difficult to feed it through the dispense opening while putting the assembly back in place. I eventually got it by feeding a little (~1/2 inch) more tube up by taking up the slack at the bottom of the door, and then putting a slight kink in the tube. I was then able to get the tube through the dispense hole enough so that I could keep it from slipping out when I reinstalled the assembly.

Thanks for your help. You saved me a $60 service visit (so its a net $36 savings).
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
your very welcome , I'm sorry I couldnt have been more spicific but allot of models and makes its hard to remember every detail, glad you got it fixed though. thanks Bryan