Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Whirlpool Quiet Wash Washer LSQ9660PW3 stops running at the

Whirlpool Quiet Wash Washer LSQ9660PW3 stops running at the end of a cycle. Starts running if you open and close the lid sharply. I have a Part number for the lid switch -(NNN) NNN-NNNN My question is:
How do I replace this switch. Or is the present switch merely out of adjustment?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
sometimes these switches can get weak, the part that holds the switch in is plastic and it gives and makes the switch move back and not connect sometimes. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=on the left on this picture is the tab that holds it you can see its only a plastic snap in piece, I'll post a video link on how to get to the switch, you need to watch the part on how to get the control panel up and the switch on yours will be on the left side once you get the panel. up, be back shortly. Bryan

Edited by a1speedyappliance on 10/3/2009 at 7:21 PM EST
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.