Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a 40 Frigidaire custom deluxe that I believe has a

Customer Question

I have a 40" Frigidaire custom deluxe that I believe has a bad burner control switch. I only get 46 volts at the burner no matter where the control is set. It will go to 0 volts when set to off. Where can I find parts for this stove and a manual to show me how to replace the switch?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 7 years ago.
Hell. I'm not sure where you would get a manual but the switch is very easy to replace. I can get you part numbers and give a link to the parts if they are available. What is the model number? Dave
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'm not at the stove today. It's at the other house. I do have a photo of it. Will that help? If not I can get the numbers tomorrow.

Doug

Doug. I will need the number to look up parts. I can then give you a few pointers to help you replace the switch when you get it. Dave
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'll get you the numbers tomorrow. Thank you.

Doug

That will work, thanks. Dave
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The model number is: RCDE71S

Serial number is: 76C43942

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'll need the control for the 6 inch element.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The switch is a King Seeley Thermos company

Model # XXXXX

Style #(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

10amps 118volts

It's lables "Speed Heat" on the stove dial.

HEllo, sorry for slow reply. I was off line for several day. The part number 633276 subs to(NNN) NNN-NNNN It is available at this link or locally. I saw one on eBay at a better price and all you need to do is put in the part number and search. Davehttp://www.repairclinic.com/Appliance-Parts?s=t-5309957156-%3d%3d
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I noticed the switch in the link has 4 connectors. Mine has 6.

Mine are labled: P, L1, L2, R and two that go to the burner element.

What should I do?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Here is what I found so far:

Surface Unit Switch 5309957097
6" or 8" Load Rated King-Seemly Surface Switch used on GM made Frigidaire/WCI brands electric ranges. Switch match original cycling rate. Break-off figure 8 shaft will match original length and off position. Non Push-to-Turn 360 degree rotation CW from OFF to HIGH. Has a Side OFF position. This switch can also be used to replace Speed Heat switches. Includes Instructions.

But this one is 180 degree rotation like mine: 5309957157

Surface Unit Switch
"8"" Load Rated King-Seemly Surface Switch used on GM made Frigidaire/WCI brands electric ranges. Switch match original cycling rate. Break-off figure 8 shaft will match original length and off position. Non Push-to-Turn 180 degree rotation CW from OFF to HIGH."

I know the "P" is one connection for the indicator light. I'm not sure where the other is.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I need to know which 2 wires NOT to use when converting from "speed heat" to regular burner.
The first thing you need to know is that you will need to change your burner too if it is the oriiginal speed heat burner. If you don't it will burn out the new switch. The speed heat burner was 110 volt burner and the switch used 220 volts to get it to heat fast. You will wire the new switch like the others as I recall but it's been a while since I did one. P stands for "pilot" and is the indicator light. L1 will be either the black or red hot feed. Use L1 and L2 the same as the other switches. The directions will say but the other 2 wires you need will be the ones that go to the burner. There could be 5 wires needed if you count the P. I could not find your model in parts look-up so I went by the part number you supplied to give you the part number. I also could not get a wiring diagram. Please ask follow-up questions if needed. Dave
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am waiting on the switch and burner now. I hope to install them early next week.

I will keep you posted on my progress and hope to 'ACCEPT" all of your help.

D

Have a great weekend! Dave
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Replaced the switch and burner. Working fine.

Thanks Dave.

Great, good to hear. Thanks for the note. Dave
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Can you tell me how to adjust the oven Temperature on this stove? It has two adjusting screws behind the knob.

D