Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

amana ptc153a50ac. No power at control panel. No lights,

Customer Question

amana ptc153a50ac. No power at control panel. No lights, wont turn on. Power is on at outlet. any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
boy from what I'm seeing on this unit if this is an air conditioner as the model says, (you didnt mention) this looks like a major problem with these, this is waht they sell to repair these, this looks like you may want to call for service , this is all one repair kit and very complicated to install, also its $175.00 to boot, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Amana had recalled the circuit board, but never notified me. Mine went out a couple of years ago and I changed the entire control board. There is one other part below the board that I cannot find on a schematic. I have taken it out to look for signs of damage, but i dont know what it is. It is a Tyco 20512501. Any idea if this might feed the board with power? I hate buying the parts I dont need to.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
did you change the entire control or did amana? this does have a thermostat in it that may be bad but I'm not sure if its just for the heat or both and cuts the power to the board if theres a problem, Part 109449there are also fuses, have you check them? Part 198251Part 198252let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry I took so long. This is a heater and air conditioner. The part I was talking about is the transformer. The new board which I installed does not have the fuses. I will check out the thermostats. I think there is 2.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok let me know, I'm not sure if they are thermalcutoffs or just for the heater. if there just for the heater then they shouldnt make the board shut down. you may have a bad board agian, sorry to say, I know how expensive these thing are and its to bad they dont makle these better, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry, i thought I had accepted it already.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
thank you. Bryan