built1950
built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer
19717507

I JUST BOUGHT A 40,000 GRIN WATER SOFTNER FROM HOME DEPOT I

I JUST BOUGHT A 40,000 GRIN WATER SOFTNER FROM HOME DEPOT I INSTALLED IT MYSELF THE QUESTION I HAVE IS THAT WHERE I HAD TO INSTALL MY MACHINE THERE IS NO WAY FOR ME TO RUN THE BACKWASH INTO MY PLUMING -DRAIN. ON A AVERAGE HOW MUCH WATER DO THESE UNITS USUALLY SPIT OUT WHILE BACKWASHNG
Category: Appliance
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
I have had similar challenges in the past. The backwash cycle will use quite a bit of water and it must be run to the drain. One solution which has always worked for me is to lead the backwash water line to a sump pump/ejector which in turn is piped to the drain. The ejector is in a self contained box and I plug it into the same receptacle as the softener. They run about $100.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THE PROBLE IS THAT I HAFT TO GO 20 FEET AND DRILL A HOLE THROUGH SINDERBLOCK TO BE ABLE TO GET TO A BRAIN
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
Been there, done that. That is what you have to do.