built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer

have a maytag mdb6650aww replaced handle and handle switch

Customer Question

have a maytag mdb6650aww replaced handle and handle switch still no power
Category: Appliance
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
Are you saying no power at all (no lights etc.) or lights OK just won't come on?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No power no lights

Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
First, the obvious, check the breaker/fuse.
If good then remove the kick plate and electric junction box cover and test for power at the pigtails. Also notice if either connection is loose or broken.
If you find a bad connection, fix. If you find power at the junction box then the fault is in the unit. If you find no power at the junction box then the fault is between the panel and the unit.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have power to the latch switch. I believe it might be the circuit board. How can this be tested before I buy a circuit board that can't be returned?
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
You wrote that you replaced the handle and the handle switch but did you confirm that it is working? If it confirms then test the wiring between the switch and the board, could be a loose or broken connection. It's a mater of following the power, you will find the problem part where the power stops so if the handle switch is sending power to the board but the board is not sending power to the water valve (the next operation) then the board is the problem. You'd need to be an electronics tech to test the board itself. Happy hunting.