built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer

ref has ac and dc to it shows an n fault block was reset ref

Customer Question

ref has ac and dc to it shows an n fault block was reset ref lit and stayed on about two hours n fault reappears ref does not cool.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 7 years ago.
Hi yaCustomer

Is the refrigerator plugged into an outlet defecated exclusively for the fridge?
it this outlet is combined with others that all run off the same breaker, then this can be the problem rather than a fault in the fridge. Some appliances draw so many amps that they sometimes need a dedicated line to the breaker.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ref is gas or elec has dedicated circuit with good voltage. can unplug same thing occurs on gas.
Expert:  I.can replied 7 years ago.
Oh, I see.
I will opt out and repost your question for another expert.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
block reset refers to hard wire reset on ref control board
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
Do you have any unusual smels at the bottom of fridge or at the rear?
Do you see any diagnostic codes on the panel?
Do you see any unusual residue in the bottom or the floor?
Failure of refrigeration does not necessarily indicate that the cooling system is defective. Other factors governing its operation must be checked. If the refrigerator is operating on gas and a loss of cooling is noticed, switch the refrigerator to the DC mode of operation. If the refrigerator has been operating on electric, switch to gas operation. After the refrigerator has been switched from one power source to the other allow several hours to assure the refrigerator is cycling properly. This will determine if a
component failure in the electric or gas controls is causing the cooling fault. If no cooling is evident after eight hours (or overnight), the cause of failure may be the cooling unit.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ref is approx ten years old. diagnostic code shows after one to two hours. doesnt stay on long enough to cool. code is "n"
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
Did you do the other checks?
Did you pull it out and look on floor?
Any smells?