The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

Hi I have a Norcold N611r that was working fine in the camper

Hi I have a Norcold N611r that was working fine in the camper but I had to take it out to do some repairs on the camper. I tried to start it in the garage on AC so we could use it during our wedding but I can not get it to power up. I have power to the fuse and the polarity is correct and it is grounded, but the heater is not on nor are any of the lights or diodes. I also have misplaced my owners manual. There is a wiring diagram on the back but it worn out and hard to read,
PS Yes the switch is on Auto but i dont have the propane hooked up nor is the 12v
Thanks Mel Bentley
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 7 years ago.

Hi swellmel;

I have uploaded the service manual for your unit.

Please click here for the download.

There are schematics at the end of the manual.

Please let me know if you require more information.

Best, THS

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the download info but I already found the site. So whatever insight you have on the actual problem would be helpful----does it need to be connected to the 12v source as well as the 110v source in order to work?

No each systerm operates independantly from the others. The first thing I would check is the heating element. Check it for an open ohms reading (no continuity).

If you would like to confirm that it does operate on the other systems simply hook a set of jumper cables to your car and then to the units 12volt system.

Best, THS