Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a Whirlpool washer #LSN1000PQ2. It will not go into

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool washer #LSN1000PQ2. It will not go into high spin at end of wash. What is the cause of this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 years ago.

ok that tells me you have a clutch that it slipping

Edited by Whrlp Master Tech on 10/1/2009 at 3:59 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes. If I give it a start with my hand. But it is weak and the spin is not very fast. The cloths are still very wet when it stops.
it will need to be replace ,which means ther gearcase /transmission ,will need to be pulled out in order to get to the clutch assembly
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a appliance parts store near by. What parts will I need and are they costly?
part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNsears shows it for less then $41.00
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are these clutch parts external or will this involve taking apart the transmision?
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
You will need to remove the gearase and it is mounted on shaft of the gear case, here is a manual you can download on direct drive washer that will help you

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from contnue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..