Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
Try the same thing again. Some GE units are prone to electrolysis at the contact points. This will cause a bad connection in a short period of time. If the unit works properly after you reconnect the contacts then clean the contacts real good and apply some dielectric grease to them. This will prevent it from happening again. Please note: You can not use regular grease. It MUST be dielectric. Otherwise the grease will form an electrical pathway and ruin the control card.
You can get the dielectric grease at any automotive store.
I will need the model number of the unit to see if I have the service manual for it.