Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

Looking for some help here..I have a 3-4 yr old Frigidair Elite

Looking for some help here..I have a 3-4 yr old Frigidair Elite model GLD2250RDC3 dishwasher that seems to stumble through its cycles. We lost power a couple of weeks back for about 2 days and after power returned it will not complete a full cycle or if it manages to get through it takes a long time and the dishes come out dirty. When I first turn it on, the drain pump runs for a little while then all is quiet...after an hour or 2 of just leting it sit there, the drain pump will cycle now and then but the main wash pump will not run.I have removed power several times to try and re-boot so to speak but to no avail. Could the printed circuit board be faulty? Any help or troubleshooting tips would be much apprecitaed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 4 years ago.
does the unit fill with water?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It does..however the drain pump is cycling as soon as you start the dishwasher emptying it back out. If I interupt the cycle after a few seconds, there is water up to the cleanout tray.
Are you 100% sure it is draining after it fills?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just went to the dishwasher and hit the cycle button. The drain pump came on immediately so to hear if it was filling, I unplugged one wire from the pump and could hear the tub filling with water. I reinstalled the wire and the pump did not continue to run. After about 45 seconds the water shut off to the tub. It must be full...one minute later the drain pump came back on and does not sound to good, but is emptying the tub.

ok so if it is draining when it sould be turning on the wash pump/motor instead it would be your control / printed circuit board is starting to go bad.

It would need to be replaced

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know there is 2 boards in the dishwasher..one being the touch pad for selecting the cycles and starting the unit. The other board has the e-prom (larger board) and I believe you are refering to that one? I just want to make sure I have disclosed all possible information for you to decide. The touch pad seems to not respond correctly as if I want to cancel the cycle I actually have to press it 2X also in trouble shooting last night, there was a set of checks that I tried to perform on the Service Data Sheet. I tried to do the Water Service test and cound not step through..Is this still pointing to the main (larger) Board?
Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line