MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS

LG refrigerator french door (bot frezer ) model, fridge port

Customer Question

LG refrigerator french door (bot frezer ) model, fridge port stops working, temp setting lights (fridge all off / freezer 6&7 on) freezer is still working. power of for 15-30 minutes and appears to work for maybe 20 minutes (temp setting both work and can be adjusted) the goes back to fridge not wotking and freezer working and lights the same as before. I can not believe there is not error code display to help out. my initial guess would be it a sensor in the fridge portion as the freezer working indicated the the compressor/etc is ok and the hidden electronic is not completely dead. any help on how to dig further ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hello.

The problem you are describing sounds like the control board on the back of the refrigerator on the left hand side(I believe). You will need to replace this control board to fix your problem. The part number you will need is EBR36222901 and it is available at www.vancebaldwin.com OR you can try other online retailers for a better price. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Robert, Board ordered and installed with no change to problem. Rechecked all visable wiring/plugs for nicks / corrosion and see nothing that looks bad. Ohmmeter readings on Fridge (r-snr) and Freezer (f-snr) sensors (at the board end & unplugged) are simular 12.24K and 11.85K. Anything else to check out ? Frezer is still working (regardless of the display - still only lights freezer section lights 6 and 7 and can not be changed), fridge appears to start cooling for a couple of minutes after plug in, but then stops when the display goes from 4 & 4 to the condition above.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Robert picked the most expensive part in the refrigerator expecting that would fix it, which it did not. I've asked for additional assistance and now he choices to ignore me. Would like somebody that is willing to debug a little and not just call out parts from a list.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 4 years ago.
The defrost controller is bad. It fits into the evaporator coil and the thermal fuse in it opens. Very cheap and easy to replace. Get it from LG; they can look it up for you-under $15.
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS