Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a GE Profile dishwasher, with a touch-panel control

I have a GE Profile dishwasher, with a touch-panel control face. In order to get the dishwasher to run, you have to really slam the door hard (otherwise, it just sits there). Now it doesn't run, and the "sensing" and "washing" lights are on, but nothing is working - no water is flowing, no motors are running, and it will just count down the minutes until it shuts off. I've just about had it with this machine - HELP!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 5 years ago.
you have bad door switch ,May I have your model number to better assist you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
PDW7880G00SS
Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Why does the dishwasher run for about 10 seconds and then shut off? I'm not touching it. If the switch was bad, it wouldn't run at all.

I was going by what you told me (((Now it doesn't run, and the "sensing" and "washing" lights are on, but nothing is working - no water is flowing, no motors are running, and it will just count down the minutes until it shuts off.)))

So this is not correct ,please explain?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

As I mentioned before, if you open the door, jiggle it, and then slam it shut as hard as you can, sometimes (but not everytime) the lock will engage, the water will start to run, and the motor will kick on for about 10 seconds; then everything (except the panel lights) shuts down.

ok sorry NOTHING RUNNING to me means nothing is ON or doing any thing at all.

still the door switch is erratic ,that is the only thing that is changing postion when you open and close/ slam door ,

The door switch does not power the control lights just power to all the components!!