Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Maytag refridgerator, a side by side,Model#- MZD2766GE. The

Customer Question

We have a Maytag refridgerator, a side by side,Model#- MZD2766GE.
The problem is both sides freeze up. We have changed out the defrost heater and thermostat assembly and temperature control. It is still frezing up and there seems to be no way to control the temperature, especially on the fridge side.
Could you please suggest a resolution to our problem?
Thank you!
Jeanne
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
is the refrigerator getting too cold? Or what do you mean by freezing up?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The refridgerator side, every thing freezes up. It gets too cold. Even when the temperature is on the lowest it can be, the items in it still freeze.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok that isn't a defrost problem, that means your cold control inside your refrigerator up by the controls is bad. You will just need to replace the thermostat or "cold control" inside the refrigerator to get it to sense correctly again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

We have replaced the temperature control assembly, P/N- PS2060682.

Is there another cold control?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Yes, the damper next to the temeprature control. This is the part that opens and closes the cold air into the refrigerator. Here is the link to the part.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The part number for the part we need is PS2061210?

Could you please give me the item number, so we know what we're looking for?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
location is number 8. I'm not sure why the website says it's number 1 but it's absolutely number 8. Sorry about the confusion, the website is just a bit off.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

When we changed the temperature control assembly (#3),

we noticed #8.

We also noticed it was not hooked up to anything,

is this correct?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
that is correct

It's supposed to automatically open and close depending on if the refrigerator needs to get colder or not.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Before we close, can you tell me what the eletronic pc board does for a living?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
it does nothing more than tells the freezer when to defrost.

It calculates how long the compressors been running, how many times the door has been opened, how long the last defrost cycle took and then calculated when and how long to do the next defrost cycle.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can we get the part number of this board for future reference?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
61005988
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank You so much for your help!!!

We will try your suggestion.

Have a great evening!

Jeanne

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
and you as well. Have a great night.