Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My washer doesnt want to spin out water... It will agitate

Customer Question

My washer doesn't want to spin out water... It will agitate fine and start to spin but stops after about half a turn... Then you can't move it by hand, it is frozen... Yet if you go back to rinse and then to spin it will do the same thing again... Half a turn then freeze.. What can I do to fix it... Is it the belt? or something else?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you may have somthing stuck in the pump on this. when the machine reverses to drain its getting caught in the pump and stopping the belt. the best way to tell is tip the machine back and roll the belt off and turn thr pump both ways and see if it getting stuck, this is located in the back right corner , you can access the pulley from underneath machine.if that is good the other part that may be bad is this
(Click to enlarge)
Grid is 1 inch square
Item #
In Stock?
Washer Transmission pulley & bearing repair kit. *Worn bearing causes slow or no spin, instructions included.
Hazmat Symbol Special Shipping Required