Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

for dishwasher model # 665.17024400 the clean blue light

for dishwasher model # XXXXX
the "clean" blue light will not go out and i cannot strart machine because of it. We have even tried unplugging it from power
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 4 years ago.
Hello is the light blinking or is it steady?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
blinking
Ok press normal high temp normal high temp untill all the lights come on then press cancel. Does that clear th light
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
please wait a few minutes so we can put some power back to it and check if light goes out

ok we tried that-even tho we have no normal high temp button all the lights will not come on-only 2 of them and the clean button continues to blink
What buttons do you have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
from left to right--SMART WASH; POTS PANS; NORMAL WASH; QUICK RINSE; HIGH TEMP WASH; SANI RINSE; HEATED DRY.
THEN THE 5 CYCLES LIST
THEN 3 DELAY HOURS BUTTONS
THEN CANCEL; START
Press normal then high temp then normal then high temp all the lights will come on then press cancel
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this also did not work, all the lights did not come on and "clean" is still on and blinking
Ok press high temp then sani then high temp then sani
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
and again that did not work either
Ok i will opt out then.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok opt out
what do I do now? How do I cancel?
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
Try this to reset, this must be done within 10 seconds of doing it..
  1. Hi Temp Wash
  2. Heated Dry
  3. Hi Temp Wash
  4. Heated Dry
All the light should come on
wait 10 seconds then press the Cancel/Drain button see if that does it for you

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from contnue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
that seems to have done the trick! Thanks
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
Y9ou are welcome, coe back if you have any other trouble with it..