Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.

I have a 36 wide Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer. It is 2 years

Customer Question

I have a 36" wide Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer. It is 2 years old. I recently went out of town for a week. I turned the icemaker off so the ice wouldn't accumulate while I was gone. I turned the icemaker back on when I returned home. That was Monday. I still have no ice.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Sharon Killian
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 7 years ago.

Is there ice in the tray of the icemaker itself?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can't really tell. The tray is solid white plastic.
Expert:  Robert replied 7 years ago.
The best thing to do is remove the icemaker and run hot water over the icemaker and get the ice out. Clean the tray and reinstall the icemaker. If it does not make ice within 3 hours after installation you may need to replace the icemaker. Try cleaning it out first and let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How do I remove the icemaker?
Expert:  Robert replied 7 years ago.

You will have to remove the ice bucket first and this will give you access to the icemaker itself. It will be mounted by screws on the bottom of the icemaker OR on the back of the icemaker. You may have to remove some of the panels around it to reach the screws but, this is the easiest and cheapest thing to try before paying someone to come replace it. If you would like to take a picture of the icemaker with the ice bucket removed for me I may be able to help you more because I have no breakdown of your unit.