built1950
built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer
19717507

I have a MieleG 811 SC dishwasher. I routinely have the Intake/Drain

I have a MieleG 811 SC dishwasher. I routinely have the 'Intake/Drain' light come on. When this happens I follow the manual regarding clearing the drain at bottom of dishwasher and any sediment out of filter screen at intake point. However, the then comes back on in another week or two. There is little to no visible sediment or blockage. Suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. There are a couple of different reasons for intake/drain error. You made a start on the first one. Disconnect the d/w drain hose from the sink/disposer drain, make sure everything is clear. Remove the screens in the bottom of the tub and clean. Assuming you've done all that;
There is a pan underneath that has a float switch. If water gets into the pan via a leak, the "anti-flood" float switch turns off the intake water and the unit goes into intake/drain fault. Empty the pan, run the d/w and check for leaks underneath.