built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer

I have an Amana refrigerator Model # TZ24IT W, S/N XXXXXXXXXX

I have an Amana refrigerator Model # XXXXX W, S/N XXXXXXXXXX Mfg No. P1114904 W. in my home in Jerusalem Israel. It occational blows the fuse. Eventually it can be turned on again. No technician here can find the cause of the problem. Do you have any idea what the cause might be and what we can do to repair this problem. When the refrigerator stays on for a few days, the refrigerator is great. I hope that you can help. Thank you. XXXXX [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. When the fuse blows it is appropriate to look at the appliance for the trouble because you "never had this problem before". But most techs overlook the full purpose of the fuse/breaker which is to protect the appliance AND the circuit from overload. The tech can't find the problem because he/she is not also an electrician. I would bet the trouble is in the circuit. This fridge should have a dedicated line of sufficient power conductivity. If there are other outlets on this circuit supporting appliances which are occasionally turned on you will occasionally overload the circuit and think it is the fridge.
The answer is to isolate the fridge with a properly rated dedicated line.