built1950
built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer
19717507

My dishwasher is showing an intake/drain error, and I have

My dishwasher is showing an "intake/drain" error, and I have followed instructions in the manual, but there is no blockage/clog.
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. There are a couple of different reasons for intake/drain error. You made a start on the first one. Disconnect the d/w drain hose from the sink/disposer drain, make sure everything is clear. Remove the screens in the bottom of the tub and clean. Assuming you've done all that;
There is a pan underneath that has a float switch. If water gets into the pan via a leak, the "anti-flood" float switch turns off the intake water and the unit goes into intake/drain fault. Empty the pan, run the d/w and check for leaks underneath.