Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.
10734586

My Roper RAS6233PQO Washer filled with water then stopped,

Customer Question

My Roper RAS6233PQO Washer filled with water then stopped, full of water.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.
Hi Tvent. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help you today!
Please open and close the lid. Listen closely, near the left rear of the console, do you hear a click? Now check the lid hinges. Check them to see if they are loose. If they are, the left side hinge especaially, tighten the screws on them and try again. On this machine, the lid switch , which is suspect in this case , is actuated by the left side hinge and when the hinge is loose, It will not work. Also, since you have the console open, look at the left rear and you will SEE the lid switch module . Should have a tab which keeps it securely mounted in the top panel. These break all the time and the whole switch just move around when the lid is opened and closed. You can see this as well since you have the console opened. Please let me know if you need further information or if none of this works.
Thanks!

Edited by Eric on 9/29/2009 at 6:49 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have not used this service before.

The washer in question is at my Lake House which I will not be until this weekend. Can I accept this as late as Monday, after I have checked it out.

Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.
Sure! No problem!
You can accept any time you feel the answer has been helpful, then the question will STILL remain open and you can ask further questions on the exact same topic without being charged again. I was just looking up your part, IF it turns out to be the lid switch. I have included a picture of the part you are looking for and a diagram of your machine. Its #11 in the diagram, looks like this :graphic

And if it turns out to be bad, is VERY easy to install with a screwdriver and a 5/16" nut driver. The part # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNNand its $16.82 at Sears and should be comparably priced at ANY local appliance part house in your area. Here is the diagram, let me know how everything goes. Eric
graphic