Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.

have a series 70 washing machine the leaks when it is filling.

Customer Question

have a series 70 washing machine the leaks when it is filling. I can tell the water is dripping down the back of the drum when it fills, but can't figure out how to get the top off the washer to see what the issue is. any help would be great.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.
Hello , my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help you today!
This sounds like a fill valve or hose leaking, but i do not want to jump the gun. Please give me the model # XXXXX your 70 series and we can continue. The model # XXXXX start with a "110" or "106" and please enter in the form of(NNN) NNN-NNNNso the Just Answer filtrs do not mistake it for a phone number. The ID tag should be under the lid, on the frame where the lid closes near the back. Thanks!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

what I see is model # XXXXX

that help?

Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.
ThanksCustomer Actually, the "C" is a "0" but yes, that helps alot!
Ok. Easiest way to see EVERYTHING inside the machine is to remove the cabinet. You cant just take the top of this kind of washer. Here are some instructions: graphic

to access YOUR console screws, remove the #11 in the diagram endcaps.

Now you have FULL access to the machine. To RUN this machine with the cabinet off, make yourself a jumper wire and stick it in the connector for the lid switch between the two wires that are NOT green . DO NOT PUT THE JUMPER IN WHERE THE GREEN WIRE IS in the connector, you will blow you circuit breaker.
Now, you can see EVERY part of the machine and determine EXACTLY where the leak is. Let me know what you find and I will help you fix it you need me to. graphic
Check near #26 and #18 carefully during fill on the rear panel, this is the fill valve and the assciated hoses, also check your supply hoses from hour wall to the machine

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you very much. I'll play with it tonight when I get off work and see if I can get it figured out.
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.
Not a problem Just use this thread to post if you have further questions on this issue!
Thanks !