Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.

I have an LG Tromm washing machine. When washing a load of

I have an LG Tromm washing machine. When washing a load of laundry I am getting an EE error message (where the top line of the first E is missing). What does it mean and what can I do to fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.
Hi lisa! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help you today!
First, please look closely and make sure you are not seeing "LE" instead of "EE" Also, could you please give me the model number for you Tromm from the ID tag on the machine? Should be just behind the door on the frame of the machine and begin with "WM".

Edited by Eric on 9/28/2009 at 8:31 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm not home and so don't have the model number. But I am positive on the code. Here is what is in the manual: Page 68 (23 of 48). The guide says to unplug machine and call for service. I am hoping this is something fixable and doesn't need service. Laughing
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I believe the model number is

Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.
That error means that the thermistor (temp sensing device, solid state) for the water heating system has failed. Remove the scres from the bottom panel and look at the center of the bottom of the tub you will see the thermistor connector (black connector, blue and white wire). MAke sure it is not disconnected because sometimes thats all it is causing this error. If the thermistor is going to be replaced, this can be done very easily at this point, but a word of caution, sometimes the error is false and its actually a faulty heater OR a faulty control board, which both are connected to. The machine CAN still be used , preferably on cold wash and rinse cycles that do not rely on the heater system, but ONLY if the machine will allow you to get past the error and select a cycle. Any cycle that uses the heater or senses the water temperature (most of them except tap cold cycles), will generate the error. THIS is a link directly to your part, and its only $7.60. I definitely would first want to run the machine through a diagnostic and physically check the heater resistance, the thermistor resistance and the board itself to verify the correct diagnosis first, which requires opening the machine. If you feel comfortable with that and have a multimeter, I can also help with that. Please let me know if you need further information

Edited by Eric on 9/28/2009 at 10:13 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm checking with my husband to see if he needs more details. I'll get back to you in the near future.
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.
No problem. Let me know if I can help!