Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.

GE washer model WBVH6240FWW, any special way to change the

GE washer model WBVH6240FWW, any special way to change the belt.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help you! CHecking the belt is definitely the first thing I would check, but make sure its actually rubber you are smelling, not electrical . There is no tensioner on this type of machine. To remove it, simply pull outward on it as you rotate the basket drive pulley (the big one) and it will come right off.
the way to reinstall install this belt is to first put it around the motor pulley, then around the basket drive pulley AS MUCH AS YOU CAN GET IT AROUND, then slowly but firmly rotate that pulley, while holding the belt onto the pulley to keep it from slipping off as you rotate the pulley around to feed the belt on the rest of the way. Please let me know if you need more information.

Edited by Eric on 9/28/2009 at 7:49 PM EST