Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I have a Kenmore Model 110 washer. The lid switch broke off

I have a Kenmore Model 110 washer. The lid switch broke off at the screw mounting. I ordered a new switch. I got to the compartment with all of the electric connections, timers, switches, etc.

My problem is I do not know how to get the top unlatched so that I can get to the place where the part is mounted. I had a book that said usually you can use a putty knife to insert in the front corners to loosen the latches. I can see some sort of hold down devices on the sides between the top and sides of washer, but pushing on these doesn't seem to work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 7 years ago.
may i have the complete model number from under the lid please
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Model 110. 92586200
you say you have the control panel raised and titled back?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I took the two small screws at the lower base of the control panel in front and removed 2 screws at the top back of the control panel that were part of a white nylon fitting. I then could pick up that control panel and view all of the timers and switches attached to the front of the control panel.

I can't get the top of the washer to unlatch and tilt back so I can see the spot where the lid switch is connected so I can install a new one.
look at # XXXXX in this picture ,, these are the one to screws to take out to raise the control .. put all the screws back in and then remove these two and raise and tilt the control back .. unhook the lid switch plug, unhook the two hold down clamps #6 (one on each side) with a screwdriver ,, pull the cabinet that the lid is on forward and slide off ,, you can then replace the lid switch ,,, i will be here if you need me
before i leave today if you still have futher questions feel free to ask / thanks