built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer

No water when running dish washer

No water when running dish washer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
Is it possible that the water to the d/w was accidentally turned off. Please check first to see if you have water pressure to the connection at the water valve. It's behind the kick plate on the left.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No. I had to replace my garbage disposal and I forgot to punch out the tab for the dishwasher on the disposal. I punched out the tab so that the water would drain but now it's not gettiing any water when I try to run it.
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
Is there water in the bottom of the d/w? When you ran the d/w with the disposer nock out plate still in, the d/w couldn't discharge tthe wash water which in turn could have jambed the check valve in the pump whose job it is to stop the discharge water from returning to the d/w. It's a little ball in the pump and it could be stuck or jambed. You'll need to remove the screens in the bottom of the d/w to get at it.