Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore Elite refrigerator/freezer model 795.77719700.

I have a Kenmore Elite refrigerator/freezer model 795.77719700. Somehow a moth got in behind the display panel on the front. How can I get the moth out?
are you refering to the ice dispenser panel? I will get the instrudtions for you and diagrams, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The panel is where you set the temp of the fridge and freezer and turn on or off the fast ice feature. The digital LCD display is covered by a glass panel and the moth somehow got between the glass cover and the LCD display. Everything stilll works---just looks not so good.
ok so this is the one on the freezer door right?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no, it's the one on the left hand (as viewed from the front) refrigerator door. This is a 3 door unit. The two at the top are both for the refrigerator and the freezer door is at the bottom. This is a unit manufactured by LG for Sears.
ok. the diagrams dont realy show which door but I know the one I'm looking at is the now, heres the diagram of the control panel assembly,
is the moth behind part # XXXXX on this diagram. its the glass cover over the readout display? you will need to remove 293a off first ,this pops off with a screw driver (small) the the cover 279b does snap on but you need to be careful doing this, just work it out slowly and the tabs will release. I cant get any real pictures of these yet but I'm still looking, the diagrams donrt show much. I'll get back to you in a little while if I can find the pictures, thanks Bryan