Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

How do I change the felt seal/gasket that surrounds the back

How do I change the felt seal/gasket that surrounds the back part of the drum on my dryer?
let me get you the diagrams for this and I'll be back in a minute, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have the replacement seal and the high temp glue, it would be so much easier if it just slid right out of there. I just need to know how to get to it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Are you still here?

ok , first you need to nremove the front panel. push the clips marked # XXXXX on this diagram in to release the top so you can lift it up and lean it back out of your way. then you need to remove the two screws at the top holding the front panel on. #7 then you lean the front panel forward take the door switch wires off and then lift the front off the bottom clips. (unplug machine before any repair) once you have that off you can remove the front drum support and release the belt, (uasually there is an acces panel in the back of the machine for this) and once the belt is relaesed you can then pull the drum out the front, hope this helps, thanks Bryan