Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a sub zero ice maker 3151 and it is only making a

We have a sub zero ice maker 3151 and it is only making a few cubes of ice. My husband vacuumed the condenser in the front and it's been 18 hours and still nothing. I vaguely remember having someone out before who said that some hose was clogged. Does this make any sense and could I unclog it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
how often does it dump ice into bucket? you may have a bad fill valve. are the ice cubes it is making full size or are they small like its not filling the ice maker all the way? let me know,thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, they are fairly full sized. I just would have thought that after 18 hours I'd have more than 2 inches work of ice in the maker.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok if there full size then the valve is probably good. its sounds like your freezer isnt cold enough, if the ice maker doesnt get cold enough it takes a long time to make a batch of ice. the temp in the freezer needs to be 0-8 degrees to function properly. if you can get a thermometer for the freezer and check the temp. let me know thanks ,Bryan