How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi there, I have an Amana rangehood microwave - model MVH320W

This answer was rated:

Hi there, I have an Amana rangehood microwave - model MVH320W - manufactured in Nov. 1995. The microwave part does not work - suddenly just stopped. What happens: If you set any time to cook something, say 30 seconds, you enter '30 seconds' and then hit 'start' - the timer will begin to countdown but the light does not go on and the microwave does not start. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
you have one of a few problems in this, 1 a bad door safety switch, Part 34592 a bad thermostat safety, Part 233408 or 3 a bad control board, the problem is its not recommended working on this yourself. heres what the us gorverment says,
CPSC Banner

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061

The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.



Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Have a professional repair your microvave oven, please be safe and call a tech to check this for you if, be safe , thanks.Bryan
Bryan and 4 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you

Related Appliance Questions