How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 78804
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have standing water in my washing machine. How do I fix

Resolved Question:

I have standing water in my washing machine. How do I fix that?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
Is this a HE model?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes it is
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
ok then you'll need to clear out the drain catch. To do this, remove the lower front panel. There are 3 screws that go across the very bottom that you will need to take out. Once you remove the bottom front panel, you can access the 3" diameter plastic twist cap. Unscrew this cap and have several towels ready because all the water in the tub will come out. Clear the catch behind the cap and you should be good to go again.

Be sure to unplug the unit prior to servicing.
Tyler Z. and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you