Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Ihave a duet 5 yrs old. It has begun to work intermitantly. It

Ihave a duet 5 yrs old. It has begun to work intermitantly.
It often will not start, the trouble codes flash F and Dl
also the door will not unlock even after pressing pause cancel many times and even unplugging. Then maybe the next day it works fine for a load or two before returning to the same problem. Also it does not flash a number behind the F code. Can you help me ? Thanks. Hal.
you have a bad door lock switch in this , you need to replace this. its not a hard job. you need to remove the top panel on the machine(there are 3 screws in the back holding it on) then lift the top by the back and pull it out from under the front control panel, then you can reach down and unplug it, take the screws out holding the lock assembly in the front of machine when you open the door and remove it from inside, I will post back in a couple of minutes where to get it and part # XXXXX Bryan
the part # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNNand its $53.10 @, thanks BryanLatch/door lock part#8182634 $53.10 : Midway Parts!, Your E-Commerce Parts Source