Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i need to replace the act. shaft seal and the act. coupling

i need to replace the act. shaft seal and the act. coupling on a ge wwa8898mal washer. do you have installation instructions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
do you have the agitator out yet? is this the coupling you cant get off? Part 3365let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, the agitator pulled right off. Yes, that is the coupling. In trying to remove the old coupling I have destroyed the Act. shaft seal (illistration # XXXXX)
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this should just pry up and off I believe , its been a long time since i've seen one of these, told old to get instuctions now. I'm trying to remember how this comes off, there is a retaining ring but I'm not sure if its under or on top of the seal, do you have the new seal for this yet? if you dont I would order it and it comes with instalation instructions I think. thats all i can think of at this time, Part 2400thanks Bryan