Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello I have a old roper gas range model number u59f33 that

Hello I have a old roper gas range model number u59f33 that is stamped 5/62 it has 4 burner a center rotisserie or gridle option wonder if there is any value to the stove and would it be worth the money to have it repaired rotisserie noisy while running and one of they burners will not stay lit and the pilot lights on the other burners will not stay lit but all burner work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well the problem is the parts for this are no longer available. the one thing you can do though is clean the burner holes and the pilot holes that feed the burners, these get clogged after so many years of use and the gas doesnt flow thru them. unfortunatly I cant bring up diagrams for this but if you look at the burners you will see little holes in them . take a needle and stick it in all the holes to clear them this should help, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so does that make the old stove a throw away or is worth the time and money to search for parts and or a repairman
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
that depends on how much you like the stove, a repairman may charge over $100.00 to come out and look at it, I'm not sure if you can find the parts you need though. well wishes, thanks Bryan