Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my sub zero regrigerator motors sounds running 24 hours a day,

my sub zero regrigerator motors sounds running 24 hours a day, is it normal?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
have you cleaned the condensor coils lately? are the any bad gaskets on the doors, let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, I have cleaned the condensor coils and no gaskets on the doors..

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
I believe they didnt put enough freon in this , if its low it will run forever try to cool properly, you need to call them back to check the freon, its something you cant do. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this is 4 years old refrigerator, and they just changed the freezer compressor. Please let me know how should I do now?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well this is under warranty for 5 years on the sealed system. (freon, compressor) call them and tell them its still not running correctly, they have to come back, this may even have a blockage in the dryer which is part of the sealed system. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The sub-zero authorized technican in my area told me that after changed the comprassor, the problem will be solved. However, my refrige is still noisy. He said it's normal.. My question is " is sub-zero regrigerator so noisy? it it normal that my freezer comprassor running almost 24 hour a day?" How often is the freezer comprassor running?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well it shouldn't be that noisy. I've work on many sub zero's and they are relatively quite. and the compressor shouldnt run all the time, thats a sign of low freon or maybe a blockage like I said. I wish i could do more but online I cant, i'm not there so this is all i can tell you. sorry, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I set up the temperature at -1 degree on Freezer. I noticed that that compressor running all the time and the temperature is never reached -1 degree ( it's unstable around 1-5 degree, depents how often we open the freezer).. is it related to low freon as well?

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
it very well could be. make sure all your gaskets are in good shape and its closing tightly also. low freon would make the compressor run all the time to try to reach the temp its set at. thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.