Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore dishwasher that leaks at the molded fitting

I have a Kenmore dishwasher that leaks at the molded fitting where the inlet hose from the water supply solenoid connects to the body of the dishwasher. I was told that the air gap is plugged. How do I clean it?
can you get me the model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The model number is XXXXX

In doing more research about the "air gap", I found that the air gap is associated with the drain side of the dishwasher.

My problem is with the water supply side. There is a slow drip that runs down the side of the body coming from the molded part where the hose that comes from the inlet solenoid and connects to the barb fitting that is part of molded raised part on the side of the dishwasher body.
do me a favor, I cant bring up a picture of this but i've run into this before. try tightening the nut on the inside of the machine if there is one on this. if not you need to replace the entire babed fitting and the plastic part of this. they sometimes get a small crack in them. allot of parts for this machine for some reason are discontinued, thanks Bryan