Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my freezer is filling with water from my ice maker. the in-let

my freezer is filling with water from my ice maker. the in-let seems to be freezing up. and the water spilling over it . is there a timer or somthing on the water valve or something that is making the water come when its already full making ice? i have a frigidaire side by side thats 7 yrs old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
are you sure the water is comming over the top of the ice maker? it could be that the cup at the rear of the ice maker that feeds the water from the tube is frozen, I would remove the ice maker and check that. also can you get me the model #? here are some tips on where to look. First, here are some tips to help with your model number:
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

All types

• Inside the refrigerator or freezer, on the upper left or right side wall
  • Behind the lower crisper drawer
  • Behind the lower toe kick-plate
  • On the face frame of the refrigerator body
    thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

it was defrosted two days ago . totally. the cup was froze today but why is it freezing up? the model #FRS26H5ASB5

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I believe you valve is not shutting all the way and the water is slowly leaking in and freezing and then when the ice maker calls for water it overflows, this is your valve . Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= you can get this @ , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
where is this valve located? is it easy to switch? i'm a mechanic by trade.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
follow the water line from the wall and you will see it, its where the house line connects in the back of refrigerator, thanks Bryan