Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Maytag gas dryer, model LDG412, series 02, SERNO 776281

My Maytag gas dryer, model LDG412, series 02, SERNO 776281 RE, does not work on a timed period; rather only on the AUTODRY mode. In fact, today it started working only on the PERMANENT PRESS AUTODRY, but not on the REGULAR AUTODRY. How can I diagnose the problem and can I as a fairly competent do-it-yourselfer make the fix?

Thanks, Customer

this sounds like a timer problem, Part 1305if this lights in some of the auto cycles but not in the timed cycle its usually the timer contacts, you cant fix the contacts you need to replace the entire timer, this runs around $144.00 though, you cant get this @ thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I think I've already paid you. The problem may be that I may have submitted my question twice.
ok no problem, thanks Bryan