Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a kenmore gas dryer model 110.9867290 I am looking for

I have a kenmore gas dryer model(NNN) NNN-NNNNI am looking for a manual the dryer drum turns but there seems to be no action at the ignitor .I have checked the thermal fuse on the back of the unit which seems fine .we have had problems with the selector switch from time to time I do not know which signal is sent first the solenoids or the ignitor please help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
do you hear a click when you start this? the power goes through the radiant sensor then the valve then to the igniter. Gas Dryer Gutsif you have a volt meter you can test the rdiant sensor. let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did not hear a click and yes I do have a voltmeter
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok unplug the dryer and carefully remove the wires from the radiant sensor. be carefull sometimes these posts can break if you bend them or pull to hard. then set your meter for continuity. test across the two spades on the sensor, if you have continuity it is good. if not change it, Part 2681Part 2681 if it has continuity get back to me and we can check other causes, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have full continuity
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok it will be one of a couple of things then, 1 a thermostat check all of them you can for continuity, 2 the gas valve coils are bad. I cant find you model # XXXXX look up parts, so you need to check these things and if you find a bad one(thermostat) then try and get a # XXXXX of it. Sears says theres no available parts for this so we need the #s off the thermostats. the gas coils are universal so that wont be an issue, I need to go out for a bit but will be back later, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have checked the thermostats and they are all ok .There is one at the dryer outlet (going to the outside that has four wires I checked from opposite ends and I have full continuity from top to bottom but just some resistance from side to side ,also can I check for power going to the solenoids as I think it might be the selector switch.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well if I could pull up diagarms I could help more but unfortunatly this doesnt come up , this may also have a relay in the control panel up top but I just dont know, if it does it will look like this Power Relay Motor/Heater part#(NNN) NNN-NNNN$35.44 - Click Image to Closesorry thats all I can do. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks for the help I bought a used machine one last question, I have a cottage up north no access to natural gas but propane is available can a NG uunit be converted to LP .The orfices would be larger on NG than LP?