Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

On our 2 year old Kenmore Quietgaurd 2 dishwasher just started

On our 2 year old Kenmore Quietgaurd 2 dishwasher just started to get a high pitch whine when the water pump turns on. Pump bearing going already? Or? How to fix this? Thanks,
Dave
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you get me the model #? thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Bryan,

The model # XXXXX XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNNor(NNN) NNN-NNNN The manual that came with it is for both models. I'm thinking it is the water pump bearing since I only hear the load sreaching sound when it is gtrying to pump water.

Thanks,
Dave
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
open the dish waher door and on either the left or right side wall there will be a silver or white tag with the full model # XXXXX it , can you get that for me? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Bryan,

Yes. It is: 665.17003400

Thanks,
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

ok heres a complete breakdown of the entire pump and motor assembly, I am assuming the high pitch noise starts when the motor starts after fill correct? you most likely have something down in the impeller assembly in the pump. you need to remove the spray arm and get down into the pump area, this can be a job to do so if your not sure you may want to call a tech in to look at it. hope this helps, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Bryan,

It looks like I will need a few parts if I attempt this.
Looks like I will need a new pump gasket and a pump centering tool or pump re-assembly. Do I need these? If so, where can I order these from?
I am a long time printer tech so am used to taking mechanical things apart and putting them back together correctly again.

Thanks,
Dave
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well most of the time you can get these appart and get to the problem and put it back together again without any new parts but just in case you can get the parts here, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd?pop=true&modelNumber=665.17003400&pop=flush or oreder this PS382822: Drain and Wash Impeller Kitif needed here, http://www.partselect.com/PartDetail.aspx?Inventory=382822&SourceCode=7&ModelNum=66517003400 hope this helps, thanks Bryan