Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Maytag Quiet Series 300, Model #MDBTT60AWW (32717417JE) Dishwasher.

Customer Question

Maytag Quiet Series 300, Model #MDBTT60AWW (32717417JE) Dishwasher. The Start button on the control panel does not work. The washer is about three years old. One of your technicians, Tom Johnston, responded to a similar inquiry earlier this month. I tried his first remedy by pushing the "Heated Dry" button five times, followed by depressing the "Start" button. Nothing happened. Like the previous inquirer, my Auto Clean/ Start, Cancel/ Delay buttons do not light-up while buttons to the left and right of this set of three buttons do light-up when depressed for a few seconds. I believe your resolution will be to replace the electronic control panel. Am I right? Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes this sounds to me like the touch pad control panel is the issue on this. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=if the buttons do not respond this is probably the reason. the one thing you may want to try before replacing this is take the inside door off and locate the ribbon comming from the control panel and where it plugs into the electronic control release ith ribbon and take some H.Q contact cleaner and spray the contacts and the ribbon to clean them. sometimes they get dirty and dont contact. you can see the ribbon in this picture, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'm going to ask my technically-minded son-in-law to try your suggestion about the contacts, Bryan.

Do you have an idea how much a new control panel might cost?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes its about $128.00 @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-MDBTT60AWW-%3d%3dei1469736&PartID=1469736 thats why i would like to see you try the cleaning first, allot of times this takes care of the issue, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

We attempted to clean the contacts, as you suggested, Bryan. But we wound-up shorting-out the power.

My wife's out looking for a new dishwasher this afternoon.

Your suggestion was worth a try, though.

Thanks.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
oh no, I'm sorry to hear that, good luck getting a new one hope you find something you like , well wishes, Bryan