esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

my new whirlpool gas oven has a high pitch humming when the

my new whirlpool gas oven has a high pitch humming when the burners are lit in a low position. the humming goes away of all are lit, but when there is on one or two lit, the humming noise continues and does not go away.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 7 years ago.
a clicking sound or high air pressure sound
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the sound is a high air pressure sound. no clicking, just a high pitched hum.
ok that sound is high pressure of air but the regulator controls the pressure to all the burners.i would have them come back and check for improper installation or
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i should be clear. plumbers piped gas to the shutoff valve, and i hooked the flex line to the stove. i believe i followed all the directions exactly. i wanted to add this if that might change anything you are thinking. the ONLY thing i can think of is some pipe dope i put on the threads that was okay for natural gas, but not necessarily suppoed to be on flange fittings. i saw some things that said to use it, and some that said not to, but i can not imagine this is the cause of the problem i am experiencing.
if it went into the gas regulator causing pressure build up that can be dangerous while cooking
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i can't imagine there was enough to do that. there was hardly any on the threads.
one last thing the regulator only goes one way,