Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi, I have a kenmore refridgerator model no. 253.7419240 top

Hi, I have a kenmore refridgerator model no.(NNN) NNN-NNNNtop freezer with an icemaker. the freezer works, but it freezes to where it cant cool the fridge part of it. and I have to defrost the freezer about once a week just to keep cool air to the fridge. What part(s) do i have to order and how can I get to them? Thank you.

in most cases its the defrost thermostat. Part 833603these are inexpensive and not to hard to replace , do you have a volt meter and know how to check continuity? let me know thanks . Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i do not have one , but my buddy, who is an electricitan has one. where would i check continuity to this part, and i live in a small town, where can i find the parts?
well you would need to check it while its cold first off and this is located behind the back panel in the freezer on top of the coils, its # XXXXX on this diaigram, hope this helps thanks Bryan,