Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My LG dryer DLG2532W runs in every cycle for 8 seconds then

My LG dryer DLG2532W runs in every cycle for 8 seconds then stops unable to find reset button. Has an electrical smell after each try.
does the whole dryer stop or just the heat? do you have to wait awhile before this will start again? let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The whole dryer stops . Yes I have to wait a few minutes to try it again. It stoped drying in the normal cycle about two weeks ago , but was still working in the cotton and towels cycle untill today.
your motor is bad, the motor overheats and shuts down, ( it has a thermal cutoff in it) once the thermal cutoff cools it resets and it will start again. you need to replace the motor, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this runs around $116.00 @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-DLG2532W-%3d%3dei1330330&PartID=1330330 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are you saying the motor over heats in 8 seconds