Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Dacor RV36S Pinnacle Raised Vent system for the cooktop

I have a Dacor RV36S Pinnacle Raised Vent system for the cooktop in my island. I just had the kitchen remodeled and the ventilation system removed and reinstalled. It worked fine when we disconnected it but now upon reconnection it doesn't work properly. Now when you plug the unit into the power outlet the fan goes on immediately even though it isn't raised up out of the cabinet. The unit will raise and lower. None of the speed setting work nor does the stop button. Per my contractor the wiring is correct. What could be wrong?
If your wiring is correct then you have a bad control board. The control board is located in the bottom right corner of the vent behind a 4" x 6" sheet metal acres cover. The part costs about $150.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Is there any way to reset the "logic" of the conrol board? Why would it fail upon disconnection?

There is no way to reset it other than flipping the breaker for 60 seconds. And I couldn't speculate why this would happen from installing it again. These boards in general are just known for a lot of failures.