Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My side-by-side Whirlpool refrigerator/freezer water dispenser

My side-by-side Whirlpool refrigerator/freezer water dispenser stopped "dispensing" 6 months ago. Had it checked by handyman and found the problem. Now my ice maker doesn't make ice. I can hear it trying and can see the levers inside that turn out the ice moving, but no ice. I believe the refrigerator is 10 years old. I've even gone as far as trying to remove the face of the ice maker/water dispenser from the front. Wants to come but I'm afraid of breaking it off. What next?
can you get me the full model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok there could be sevral reasons for this. 1 the valve has failed, Part 3307or the feed tube in the freezer that puts the water into the ice maker is frozen. take a hair dryer and hold it near the tube to defrost it if it is. also make sure the ice maker is going all the way around when it cycles.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If I accept this information, does the page with the answer and view of the valve stay so I can refer back to it if I need the part?
you can accept it and leave the question open and if you need more help from me you can come back on and ask. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How do I find this valve?
you can click this blue link and it will take you to a site to buy it, its $48.00 on this site. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where is the valve in the freezer? Blow drying didn't work.
no its located in the back of the refrigerator where the waterline from the house connects. Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanx. Can I buy this part from Lowes or Home Deport, Sears?
I dont believe they have them but you can try, thanks Bryan