Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Hello I have a Kenmore 700 series washer. It is about 5

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore 700 series washer. It is about 5 years old and of course no warrentee any more. It washing just fine, but tha last couple of months started to make clicking sounds and now noticed that it won't adjatate the clothes, but it will still go through the other cycles and even spin the clothes dry. I s it a gonner or is it fixable?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 7 years ago.
Hello, I am here to assist you. First may I please have the modle number of your unit so I can pull up a diagram of your washer to better assist you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ok thanks

model # XXXXX

ser. #CT3840105

Expert:  Randy replied 7 years ago.
Okay on your model number there should be 3 numbers and a period before the other 8 numbers you gave me. Sometimes those 3 numbers are in smaller type.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ok ok

tough finding it

#26 27741

Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

IF the units still spins but not agitating then the agitator dogs are most likely worn out, this is part number 80040, If the unit soes not agitate or spin but only drains then the coupler is most likely bad and this is part number 285753A, You can order the parts you need from the following places,,, or, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for thier items.

You can also download a service manual from my personal library by clicking on the blue link below

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...