applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.

One burner on my gas stove wont light. The ignition clicks,

Customer Question

One burner on my gas stove won't light. The ignition clicks, but it won't light. How do I clean it or check it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 7 years ago.
Hi, What is the model # ? Do you smell gas comming from the valve?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't have model number since I'm not home now. Gas is definitely coming out of the valve.
Even if you can hear it sparking you can still have a problem there (all four burners spark at the same time). Put your hand on top of the burner cap while it is still on the burner and push down on it and turn it left and right. Your cap is the ground for the spark and we need a good spark. If that does not work remove cap and look on the burner for a hole where the gas comes out and use a needle or pin and try cleaning the hole. I know you are smelling gas but we want to make sure it is going to the igniter. If both of these ideas do not work, turn on the burner and look at the igniter. If you are not getting a good spark replace the igniter.

Edited by applianceguy on 9/16/2009 at 8:14 PM EST