Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

water and ice maker problems:
purchased in 2006 and when we moved in 2007 the water never did work properly (just a fine stream of water. We've been away and in the last 2 months the ice maker iced up and stopped working....and at the suggestion of the serviceman, I defrosted. The ice cubes started being made again, but they won't come out when you use the dispenser. He blamed it on the reverse osmosis install and told me to try defrosting as stated above. Any suggestions?
does the flap open when you push the button? if not its probably this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=its the soleniod that opens the flap. let me know,thanks.Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so is this solenoid located within the dispenser on the front of the door? sorry what do you mean by the 'flap'.... is that when the dispenser makes the kind of suction noise when you depress for water/ice?
yes do you see the flap open when you press the button? (the flap is up in the hole where the ice comes through), also do you hear the ice auger turning and making noise?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm not sure if you didn't get my answer, but I can't see the flap open and the ice auger seems to be making a noise that sounds like a continuous motor sound. sorry I'm not much help for you and I have to go in 5 miinutes. so we may not be able to finish this session.
ok if the auger sounds like its making noise then its probably the soleniod, these get rusted and dont work. its electric. get back to me when you get back thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Just getting back to you in regard to the fridge problem. I think you must be right, because the flap that lets the ice out is closed (I could open and shut it), and there is a little water spurting through when I depress it. The ice doesn't seem to be making anymore though. It was stored for about six months with our furniture, so I can see that if it was at all damp (through the winter) it could have caused the. I thank you for your help and appreciate it.

PS: I accepted your answer yesterday before I left. Thanks again!

your welcome . leave this question open until you change the soleniod in case you have further questions, by the way this is no longer making ice now? let me know thanks .Bryan