Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a whirlpool dryer (Model # LER7646DQO, Serial # ME4838867,

I have a whirlpool dryer (Model # XXXXX Serial # XXXXX Stock # XXXXX) that only works when the timer switch is in the (less dry) or the (damp dry ) setting. The fuses have been changed and the heating element checked out OK. It worked good for about a month after that, but now I have this problem. I don't know if the problem is in the thermostat(s) or the switch itself. How can I find out? All the vents haved been cleaned out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
does this work at all in the time dry setting? what are the part #s you replaced (fuses?) let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The fuses were a kit (part # XXXXX) I took the old ones and the heating element to the part store to have them checked. They told me the old fuses were bad and the heating element was good. The dryer does work all the time in the less dry/damp dry timed setting but I have to go back and do this several times to get the clothes dry.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok , can you do me a favor and remove the vent from the back of the dryer,(the 4" vent hose) just pull it off the dryer and run a load with it off and in the highest dry setting you have and let me know how it works then? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Still have the same problem. On the timed drying, it won't go operate on anything over 20 min. and on the automatic dry-miser it won't come on on anything over the less dry setting. It is producing heat, but I keep having to reset the controls to get the clothes dry.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok there are many different reasons for this to happen, 1 the cycling thermostat, Part 2893which I believe is your problem , 2 the timer which I dont believe is your problem. or three the tempature control switch, Part 527732I would try the thermostat first, heres a link to the part, this is around $21.00. thanks Bryan